The Management Team oversees general operations for the community. Departments also have Resident Advisory Committees that assist in the guidance of decision making.
Patricia E. Sprigg, President and CEO
Pat has been the president and CEO at Carol Woods since 1992. She has a passion for providing excellent support and services to older adults, and works closely with local universities and professional associations to pass on that passion to those who will be future leaders in the field of aging.
Pat has over 40 years of experience in the field of aging. Prior to coming to Carol Woods, she worked with the Kendal Corporation in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. She was also an adjunct professor at Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania, where she taught two graduate-level courses: Long-Term Care Administration and Characteristics of the Aged Population. Earlier in her career, she was vice president and director of resources at Cathedral Village in Philadelphia.
Pat is a coach for the LeadingAge National Leadership Academy and was a member of the North Carolina Study Commission on Aging. She has served on the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging’s (AAHSA) Board of Directors, was chair elect of the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission and was formerly the chair of the North Carolina Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging, known now as LeadingAgeNCBoard. She also served as the congressionally appointed vice chair and member of the first Armed Forces Retirement Home Board.
Additional team members
- Leah Adeniji, Vice President of Campus Services
- Christophe Arnaud, Director of Dining Services
- Ann Bradford, Director of Home Services
- James Best, Director of Facilities and Safety Officer
- Tommy Best, Manager of Grounds
- Nikki Cooper, Vice President of Technology and Compliance
- Gerald Elliot Jr., Manager of Security, Communications, and Transportation
- Melanie Johnson, Lead Nursing Engagement Coach
- Gretchen Likins, Director of Admissions and Public Relations
- Gavin Locklear, Nursing Home Administrator
- Ken Reeb Jr., Chief Financial Officer
- Wanda Rone, Manager of Housekeeping
- Liz Tomajko, Vice President of Human Resources
- Veronica Watts, Manager of Housekeeping
- Jen Wilson, Vice President of Well-Being